.com Your Official Guide
to Online Gambling
Betting Terms (L-P)
points - Betting the favorite by giving up
price - In sports wagering, laying the price
means betting the favorite by laying money odds.
- sports betting term for money bet by a house
with another bookmaker to reduce its liability.
In sports betting limit is the maximum amount
a bookmaker will allow you to bet before he changes
the odds and/or the points.
In sports betting, the current odds or point spread
on a particular event.
- In the sports betting industry this is the person
who establishes the original and subsequent betting
- In sports gambling a listed pitcher is a baseball
bet which will be placed only if both of the pitchers
scheduled to start a game actually start. If they
don't, the bet is cancelled.
- In sports wagering this is a team or horse perceived
to be unlikely to win.
- To win both sides of the same contest in sports
betting event. Wagering on the underdog at one
point spread and the favorite at a different point
spread and winning both sides.
- odds expressed in terms of money. With money
odds, whenever there is a minus (-) you lay that
amount to win a hundred dollars, where there is
a plus (+) you get that amount for every hundred
Move the line
- A player pays an additional price to receive
half a point or more in his favor on a point spread
- $500.00, in on a sports gambling wager
- A sports wagering line where the juice is 5%.
No action -
A wager in sports betting in which no money is
lost nor won.
Off the board
- In sports betting this is a game on which
the bookmaker will not accept action.
- $100.00 in sports betting action.
- Term for the earliest line in sports betting.
This is an overnight line which only a handful
of players are allowed to bet into.
In sports gambling the "over" is a sports
bet in which the bettor guesses that the combined
point total of two teams will be above a specified
In sports wagering, a bet with two or more teams
in which all teams must win or cover for the bettor
to win and receive higher payouts
- When neither team is favored. Also called a
"pick" in sports betting terms.
- In sports betting this is the predicted scoring
differential between two opponents as quoted by
a sports book.
In sports betting this means to wager a larger
amount than usual.
Sports betting term for the odds or point spread.
Bet - In sports gambling this is a special
wager offered by the sports book on unique and
various topics. These wagers can be on sporting
events, politics, and even trial outcomes. The
wagers use the money line format of pay off odds
and might included who scores the first touchdown
in the super bowl, who will win the next presidential
election, or whether or not O. J. will be found
- A puckline for sports wagering is giving odds
of a goal spread instead of using a Canadian Line
in hockey, where both a goal spread and money
line are played.
When the contest ends with no winner or loser
for wagering purposes.